Can we call ourselves Holy?

We're called to be a holy people.

I want to say congrats to all the "Ambassadors of Holiness" in The Salvation Army that recently were commissioned and appointed to various places around Australia to minister in the name of Jesus. What a great sessional name, a name that exemplifies the Christian life; one of holiness 'unto the Lord'.

My mind goes to a time when someone in church said to me, 'You know, I struggle with the message today. He keeps talking about the fact that we can be holy. I can't get to the point where I call myself that.'

Interesting thought. Can we call ourselves holy? I, personally don't see why not. Sure, we don't walk around with a large badge on our chest, and tell everyone we know that we are holy! Though, we know that because of the grace of the Lord Jesus, and because of our God-given ability to have faith in Jesus we can be holy. When we choose to have faith in Christ, and in his resurrection power, and when we turn from our own lives (our sinfulness), we are made holy. We are made right with God (righteousness).

Lord, I choose to be holy today. Take my ambitions, my prayers, my decisions, my dreams and make them coincide with your will. Help me always live a life worthy of being called a follower of Jesus. Forgive me for the times when I represent you in a way that disappoints. Fill me once again with your Holy Spirit.

Turn to Jesus today. Be holy as Jesus is holy... Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Questions & Blogs on Faith