Telling the next generation

The words of Psalm 78 have been echoing in my mind recently. Locally at Palmerston Salvos we have been discussing a vision statement for our church, and one of the lines is about bringing hope to future generations. Stop and minute and read some of the powerful words from Psalm 78:
'O my people, hear my teaching;
listen to the words of my mouth.
I will open my mouth in parables [sounds like Jesus],
I will utter hidden things, things from of old--
what we have heard and known,
what our fathers have told us [you know, like the Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt]
We will not hide them from their children; [otherwise how will they ever know?]
we will tell the next generation
the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord,
his power, and the wonders he has done. [No different today, right?]
....Then they would put their trust in God
and would not forget his deeds
but would keep his commands. '

How selfish that we would ever consider NOT telling someone about the hope we have in Christ. I know that not to be the case for most Christians I know. They let their life scream out salvation and their life reflect the character of Jesus.

Lord, help me to be a light that shines in the darkness and not a dim light that fails to light up the dark places we live in. Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Questions & Blogs on Faith