Church Next - Presenting the Gospel among Postmoderns

'No prepackaged 'gospel presentations' and 'seeker-sensitive' worship services will constitute adequate responses to the challenge presented by the post-Christian, neopagan, postmodern generation. The church's witness must be self-evidently altruistic among people shaped by a culture that is profoundly suspicious' (Gibbs & Coffey, p. 35)
I believe to say 'No prepackaged...' is a little overemphasising the point. Sometimes presenting the gospel to someone might be exactly what they need to hear at that specific time. I totally agree though that the church's witness must be about others (altruistic - focussed on the welfare of others). When they see you are 'normal', and living authentically out the gospel in which you believe, this creates credibility among Postmoderns.
_______________

'For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him God was pleased to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of his cross' (Colossians 1:19-20).
Peace through the blood. I like that. Yahweh Shalom. The Lord is peace.
_______________

Law No. 3 - The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership - 'The Law of Process - Leadership develops daily, not in a day'.
Well, its simple, yet true. Some want to be awesome leaders straight away, but there is much to learn. I'm not at the place I want to be, I tell you that! There are times I don't have the self-confidence I desire, or have the wisdom to make the 'right' decision at the time. I need to learn, grow, develop, stretch myself (not just my muscles), and continue to seek after God's will for my life.
_______________

Lord, help us to have peace in the blood of Jesus. Bring peace right now for those that are troubled. Lord, we want to reach everyone with the gospel of Jesus, and we ask for wisdom on how to share that gospel with people that have differing worldviews and outlooks to ours. We also pray God that we become the leaders you want us to be, and to ultimately lead people to live Christ-centered lives. Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Questions & Blogs on Faith