Shaping the system

Here's a thought. Are you shaping the system you are a part of, or is the system shaping you?

Many of us know the Salvation Army is now a strongly beuracratic organisation, where decisions are made via levels of management and control measures are in operation to ensure the smooth running of the organisation. Being a cadet, I can somewhat tangibly feel myself entering into this system. There is not an issue in this, unless when you are entering into a new system (maybe a new job, even your family probably has its on little ways of operating) that is not all it can be.

Here's the dilemma. I love the Salvation Army, and I cry out for it to be fulfilling the Great Commission which Jesus calls us to. The question for me is, am I being shaped by the system? If I am, is the culture/surroundings I find myself in, worth being shaped into? The next question is, if the system I find myself in, is not all it can be, am I merely becoming a product of this system, or am I transforming it from the inside, out?

It's all about Jesus. It's all about souls and justice. Holistic healing. Transforming the World. Shape the system to make it be, all that God wants it to be! Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Questions & Blogs on Faith