Stuck in the Mundane

Packing boxes. Packing boxes. Washing the dishes.

I just wanna reach the lost with the message of Jesus.

Packing boxes. Cleaning bedrooms.

I feel like I'm stuck in the mundane. It's not my fault though, I'm moving into the Salvo Training College, so I got to do it. I'm still passionate about God though, even though I'm not currently involved in any revolutionary kind of ministry that is changing the World.

A guy back in the 17th Century knows what I'm talking about. Brother Lawrence (1614 - 1691) spent most of his life as a monk, working in the kitchen of the monastery, day in, day out. He had tremendous influence on the Kingdom of God though, because he simply served God and people sought after him for spiritual guidance.

Check out one of his writings called, Practicing the Presence of God. http://www.ccel.org/ccel/lawrence/practice.html

Lord, let me serve you in the mundane. Although I look forward to the radical times ahead, help me to be faithful with what you've called me to do right now. Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Questions & Blogs on Faith